- When the phone rings – ANSWER. You never know when a lead is going to call, if you let the phone ring for an extended period or let it go to voicemail, they are likely to call your competitor. Be ready for business when the phone rings. PROTIP: Use an answering service for after hour calls.
- Build good rapport with your customers, sound confident, and cheerful, but most importantly, be prepared. Your lead will have questions regarding your services, so be ready to answer those questions. The common question is, “How does this work?”, “How much does it cost”?
- Immediately set an appointment for a consultation. Setting up a meeting will show the lead that you are serious about winning the business. Also, once you set a meeting, the likelihood that the lead will call your competition decreases. Setting an appointment will set you up to be the single service provider.
- Be prepared. From the initial call/conversation, understand the leads situation so that during the consultation, you will understand what is important. This will allow you to gear your sales presentation toward the lead’s needs. Also, know your numbers in advance so that you can make a proposal then and there.
- Understand your customer. Study after study has shown that people buy from people they like. Listen more than you talk. Make them feel comfortable, and build rapport. Show that you are passionate about the project and that you are the best company to do business with.
- Present your quote as an actual contract. It is easy for your lead to say that they will think about it if you give a verbal offer. It is better to sit down with her and discuss the contract and price in detail. In the contract state a clear straightforward price and a start date and end date.
- Don’t be a pushy salesperson. No one likes a pushy salesperson. If a seller asks how long she has to make her decision, it’s best to say, “As much time as you need.” You could always add urgency by stating that your schedule is filling up fast and that if she wants the job done by X she needs to decide by x-date.
- Make everything easy for your customer. Make the buying process as easy as possible for your lead. Eliminate as much resistance as you can, and you will convert more leads into customers. Explain your process and what to expect once they sign the contract.
Use these tips to close more roofing leads. Download the Presentation Here
If this post has provided you with actionable advice, please leave a comment below.
Schedule a one to one call with me to get your roofing business on track by click here.
During this free 1/2 hour call we will discuss ways to implement growth strategies into your business that will help you generate more roofing leads and more referrals.
If you have enjoyed reading this article please like and share on Facebook and tag a friend that you think can use this information.
Thank you for reading.